Xilium envisions to develop a company that is founded on transparency, honesty, and integrity. Over the years, we have been successful in maintaining this kind of culture among the staff, but we realize that as we grow, there is a need for us to establish some policies to ensure smooth operations in the company. Below are some policies that every assistant should abide by while working for the company.
- The regular work week is from Mondays through Fridays, assistants work on a 9-hour shift including a 1-hour lunch break and two 15-minute breaks. Assistants have the flexibility to adjust their schedules on a day to day basis as agreed with the client.
- Assistants who cannot go to work must inform the management and their clients at least 2 hours before the absence. This will give ample time for the management and the client to make necessary arrangements.
- Assistants have the flexibility to work from home on certain days provided that they have a reliable internet connection and assured of uninterrupted power during the shift. Any downtime should be reported to their respective Team Lead.
- Part of our commitment to our clients is reliability. Each Virtual Assistant who works for their clients full time will have a reliever when he or she is absent or is in a planned leave of absence.
- The reliever will be trained by the original Assistant at no expense to the client and will take over the original Assistant as needed.
Vacation and Sick Days
- Assistants are entitled to 10 paid days off per year which they can use for planned vacations, emergency reasons, or on sick days. For planned vacations, assistants are required to inform the management at least one week prior to give enough time to make arrangements as necessary.
- Likewise, clients are free to give holiday incentives to their assistants. (e.g. no work on US holidays)
US and Philippine Holidays
Please note that the assistant and his or her reliever is entitled to some major Philippine holidays. The common holidays are as follows:
New Year’s Day – Jan. 1
Good Friday – a Catholic holiday that falls on a Friday before Easter Sunday
All Saint’s Day – could either be Oct 31 or Nov 1
Christmas Eve – Dec. 24
Christmas Day – Dec. 25
New Year’s Eve – Dec. 31
Here is a sample of a combined US and Philippines holiday schedule for 2017 taking into account the local holidays that your Assistant and reliever will be off from work.
January 2 – New Year’s Day Observed
January 16 – Martin Luther King Day
February 20 – Presidents Day
April 14 – Good Friday (Philippine Holiday)
May 29 – Memorial Day
July 4 – Independence Day
September 4 – Labor Day
November 10 – Veterans Day
November 23 – Thanksgiving Day
November 24 – Black Friday
December 22 – Company Holiday
Dec 25 – Christmas Day
Provisions for the Assistant
- Our assistants are provided with the following:
- Windows 10 laptop
- Google Apps using Google’s version of:
- Hangouts (allows outbound calling)
- Cloud Storage
- Laptop Headset for voice calls
- Other software needed by the client may be requested at additional cost. This may include the following:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- US Phone Number
- Google Voice Account (while available)
- Skype Call Credits
- Skype Online Number
- Cloud service and other tools by arrangement
- IP phone handset
- Specialty hardware